Apply for an Arts Grant
Creative Communities Scheme Information
The Creative Communities Scheme is a relationship between Creative New Zealand and local authorities, and supports opportunities for New Zealanders to participate in the arts in their local area. Each local authority has an assessment panel representative of its community, and these panels make the funding decisions.
Who can apply?
Any group, organisation or individual can apply for funding. The project must promote participation in the arts. Local authorities are not eligible to apply. You must be an incorporated society to apply for equipment.
Eligible projects must meet all of the following criteria:
- have an arts or cultural focus
- take place within the Hastings district and/or benefit the district
- meet at least one of the three funding criteria
- benefit local communities
- not have started before an application for funding is assessed
- not have been funded by Creative New Zealand for the same purpose.
Projects or activities must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- increase participation in the arts
- increase the range and diversity of the arts available to communities
- enhance and strengthen the local arts sector.
To be eligible for assistance, the project must have clear community benefits. An application from an individual will be stronger if they can show an endorsement from a community group or arts provider.
Types of assistance
Assistance may be provided in the following forms:
- Guarantee Against Loss
Eligible activities and projects
- events or festivals
- personnel costs for one-off projects
- artist-in-residence schemes
- promotional activities
- seminars, workshops
- equipment (up to 50% purchase price)
- dance with arts and culture focus
- school-based projects outside its normal activities
Ineligible activities and projects
- facility development
- purchase of artworks for art galleries
- arts activities in education institutions normally funded within curriculum budget
- ongoing administration costs
- retrospective project costs
- debt servicing
- catering costs
- fundraising costs
- local authority projects
- prize monies
If you have previously received Creative Communities Scheme funding, either as an individual or as a member of a group, a completed project report must be submitted before any further applications will be considered.
Applications must be made on an application form, available from the Hastings District Council, You may contact them on 06 878 0500.
Applications must include the following:
- a detailed budget
- a project description, including dates, numbers of participants, and a programme of what you intend to achieve. If you are paying fees to artists or tutors include a brief CV of who they are and their role in your project.
- financial information summarising your group’s finances for the last financial year.